Sunday, August 10, 2014

Exactly the opposite...

Have you ever had a vacation where you returned home exhausted? Well, I just did. It wasn't from being overly active or from doing so much. It might have been exactly the opposite. The bed, the air conditioner, blah, blah, blah. Whatever it was, it wore me out! I ran the 6.2 mile 'bagel' trail run down to the Brandywine River and back yesterday. I was trying for a record time, but it was pretty much exactly the opposite. I enjoy this particular trail run for multiple reasons: there are multiple water crossings; there are some serious hills; I always say hi to the horses at the farm along the way; the midpoint is the wonderfully scenic Brandywine River; it's uphill on the way back, so the second half is harder than the first half; the corn fields were about 8 feet high, so there are spots where I was running through a tunnel of corn; and the trail landscape changes every time I run it - new trees are down, new rocks are on the trail, etc. What runs have you had that turned out exactly the opposite of what you thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment