Friday, August 22, 2014

Riding the Unicorn...

After every marathon (these days), I always wonder how long it will take to get back to running.  I must have a side of me that wonders if, one of these times, I won't start up again.  Rain or shine, it's typically the Thursday after the Sunday marathon where my legs actually move in a shape and form like running.  This week, I tried to accelerate the process by attempt running on Wed and made it exactly .5 mile before looping back home.

The Thursday run was filled with butterflies, unicorns and awesome sauce (don't ask me).  It was only 3.4 miles, but that is in line with a solid recovery strategy. Run the relative same number of miles per day as in the week leading up to the marathon.

Never jump back into big miles too quickly after a big race or you run the risk of big injury.  Thoughts on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment