Wednesday, August 6, 2014

It never gets easier...

I usually reserve this title for a discussion about marathons...which is absolutely true in my case...no matter how many longer-than-marathon runs/races that I do, the marathon never gets easier. This is counter-intuitive on some level. Today, the 7 miler wasn't any easier than the one on Monday. I started slower than Monday, but fairly quickly found myself shuffling along until I consciously tried to pick the pace. I was marginally successful with that approach...but it was still a great run (aren't they all?!). This could indicate overtraining which wouldn't surprise me. If I had my heart rate monitor, I would do the usual test to see if my standing heart rate is elevated upon waking up. I could check this by 'hand', also. I'm not that worried about being overtrained, though, so I'll march on (and maybe take tomorrow off from running)...

No comments:

Post a Comment